The growth forecast for the country’s outsourcing industry needs to be reviewed to include the new factors that are now affecting the industry. According to Benedict Hernandez, chairman of the Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP), the 7% to 9% growth forecast for the industry from 2017 to 2022 was done during the creation of the industry’s roadmap in 2016. This means factors such as the new leadership in the US and the Philippines, the growing artificial intelligence space and other Philippine government policy reforms were not factored in at that time. However, CCAP expressed confidence that the country’s contact center sector will still post growth surpassing the global industry’s expansion rate despite these domestic and global factors. For 2017, the contact center industry’s revenue is expected to exceed P13.3 billion, although the actual figure will be released during the Contact Islands 2018 forum in Mactan, Cebu this July.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information