Business process outsourcing firm Accenture has unveiled a dedicated space for persons with disabilities (PWDs) in its Cebu and Makati offices in the Philippines. The space is equipped with accessibility solutions that include Dhvani (the Hindi word for “sound”) software, specialty and noise cancellation headsets, color-contrast and Braille stickered keyboards, blind sticks, smart lights, and manual and automated chairs, among others. The company said the accessibility solutions are geared towards enabling employees and job applicants with impaired vision, hearing, speech, or mobility. Dhvani creates real-time subtitles for videos and translates voice responses into typed text — and vice versa — during video and conference calls, said Rudy Guiao, IT lead for ASEAN and Greater China Infrastructure Services for Accenture Advanced Technology Centers in the Philippines. According to Lito Tayag, country managing director at Accenture Philippines, the move highlights its commitment towards advancing inclusion and diversity, and its dedication to employee welfare.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information