85% of customer interactions will be serviced without human involvement by 2020, according to Accenture research based on a poll of senior executives. The research shows that artificial intelligence (AI)-led customer service will run round-the-clock for business process outsourcing and information technology-related industries. Ambe Tierro, who leads the Advanced Technology Center and the Global Artificial Intelligence Capability and Delivery Lead at Accenture Philippines, said that 80% of interviewed executives had plans on integrating AI into their workplaces, but that only 3% of these executives are also investing in skills upgrades. Tierro said low-skilled workers, who are most at risk from automation, need training. She said firms should not only focus on technical skills but also on creative skills. Speeding up experiential learning, empowering the vulnerable, and shifting focus to creative skills are among the solutions to boost company performance.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information