Global insurance broker AON is reportedly exploring a sale of its employee benefits outsourcing unit, which has a potential value of not less than USD5bn. According to a Reuters report, which quoted unnamed sources, the move could be part of the company’s efforts to focus more on its insurance and risk management businesses. In 2010, Aon acquired human resources services provider Hewitt Associates for USD4.9bn. The report added that the possible sale has attracted interest from private equity firms. The sources, however, added that there is no certainty that Aon will decide to sell the business. Aside from providing risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, Aon also provides HR solutions and outsourcing services to companies in more than 120 countries.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information