News » BOI says it will surpass 2021’s investment approvals

BOI says it will surpass 2021’s investment approvals

BOI says it will surpass 2021’s investment approvals

The Board of Investments (BOI) is optimistic that it will surpass the PHP655.4 billion (US$11.4 billion) worth of investment approvals recorded last year by the end of 2022. 

According to the Philippine Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Undersecretary and BOI Managing Head Ceferino Rodolfo, the investment promotion agency already approved PHP644.4 billion (US$11.2 billion) worth of investments as of November 15. 

About 81% of these are from local investors, while the remaining 19% were pledges from foreign enterprises. 

For the past 11 months, the biggest investments registered with the BOI came from the energy sector with PHP343.8 billion (US$5.99 billion) followed by the information and communications technology (ICT) industry with PHP197.6 billion (US$3.44 billion).

However, BOI also said that they might fall short of their initial investment approvals target of PHP1 trillion (US$17.4 billion) this year due to the Russia-Ukraine war.

“What is certain is we will surpass our 2021 (performance). But for the PHP1 trillion (target), there are investment leads in the investment targets that are finalizing their decisions,” Rodolfo said.

For 2023, the BOI is already expecting about PHP372.8 billion (US$6.50 billion) worth of investments from the IT-BPM, real estate, as well as the agriculture, forestry, and fisheries industries.

Read more here.

Start your
journey today

  • Independent
  • Free
  • Transparent

About OA

Outsource Accelerator is the trusted source of independent information, advisory and expert implementation of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)

The #1 outsourcing authority

Outsource Accelerator offers the world’s leading aggregator marketplace for outsourcing. It specifically provides the conduit between Philippines outsourcing suppliers and the businesses – clients – across the globe.

The Outsource Accelerator website has over 5,000 articles, 350+ podcast episodes, and a comprehensive directory with 900+ BPO companies… all designed to make it easier for clients to learn about – and engage with – outsourcing.

About Derek Gallimore

Derek Gallimore has been in business for 20 years, outsourcing for over eight years, and has been living in Manila (the heart of global outsourcing) since 2014. Derek is the founder and CEO of Outsource Accelerator, and is regarded as a leading expert on all things outsourcing.