Iloilo City’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector continues to expand, but the city is struggling to cope with the increasing demand for workers. According to Iloilo City Mayor Jose Espinosa III, the BPO sector in his city needs 5,000 workers who need to be employed immediately. Because the city cannot meet that demand, BPOs in Iloilo now recruit from as far away as Negros Occidental, Espinosa said. Iloilo City has 52 voice and non-voice BPO firms and more are coming in, according to data from the Local Economic and Investment Promotion Office. Espinosa said the city will prioritize the establishment of speech laboratories to better prepare city residents for BPO jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information