Jobs at business process outsourcing (BPO) firms are the most in-demand in Davao City, according to the Public Employment Service Office (PESO). BPO firms also continue be the top employers in the city, the PESO report added. However, lawyer Samuel Matunog, Information and Communication Technology-Davao president, disclosed that there is a need to address the lack of skills among the new graduates to meet the demand of the outsourcing industry. Matunog said there are a lot of opportunities in the BPO industry but not many people are applying for BPO jobs due to their lack of English proficiency or lack of skills in computer operation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information