The Philippine business process outsourcing (BPO) sector will continue to flourish even with the policies of the new US administration. Joey Bondoc, research manager at Colliers, expressed confidence that the US President Donald Trump’s rhetoric on bringing outsourcing jobs back to the US will not materialize. Bondoc said it just does not make any business sense for companies to set up outsourcing operations in the US. He added that US BPO companies are banking on the competitive wages and English speaking workforce in the Philippines. However, new BPO players planning to enter the Philippine market may be more challenged because due diligence now takes a bit longer.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information