Canon Business Process Services (Canon) said it was tasked by a leading law firm with eliminating a backlog of thousands of legal documents. The law firm’s backlog comprised indexing, imaging, entering data into the company’s records management system, and filing, totaling more than 100,000 pages of documents that included pleadings and legal correspondence. Canon was also asked to devise a system that would reduce and eliminate the backlog while supporting the firm’s daily records needs, taking into consideration current staffing and budget levels. Canon said it created a new workflow that would decrease the time it takes to receive, process, and store physical and electronic records. The system, based on production line methodologies, sorted the backlog into a string of tasks handled by one or two Canon members while the rest managed the daily requirements of the practice groups. The new workflow increased productivity and decreased the time spent on updating files.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information