The Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) is strengthening its relationship with academia to ensure that the curricula offered in universities are in line with the demands of the industry. CCAP president Jojo Uligan said the shift of talent requirements in outsourcing is already happening in the Philippines, and that the academic world needs to meet the requirements of the industry head-on. In Cebu, the CCAP has partnered with the Cebu IT BPM.Organization (CiB.O) to help schools and universities adjust their offerings to meet the shift in industry changes, from a low-skilled to a high-skilled workforce. The CCAP earlier urged new graduates, as well as those who are still planning to enter the outsourcing industry, to come equipped with higher value skills such as analytics, which will make them more relevant.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information