The Cebu IT-BPM Organization (CIB.O) has appealed for different ranking criteria for outsourcing capabilities from Tholons Inc. so that Cebu can boost its overall position on the list of the world’s top investment destinations. Wilfredo Sa-a Jr., managing director of CIB.O, said he has already been in touch informally with Avinash Vashistha, chairman and chief executive officer of Tholons Inc. Sa-a said that if the ranking system had focused on outsourcing capabilities, Cebu could have placed higher than its current twelfth position, as the city is ahead of its peers. Tholons’ current ranking system in the Super Cities report focused more on digital development, resulting in Singapore jumping to the ninth spot from number twelve last year. Sa-a said Singapore’s strength lies in fintech and an ecosystem that is conducive to start-ups, while Cebu is known for its outsourcing services. The city hopes Tholons will study the recommendation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information