CGI, an independent IT and business process services company, has won an outsourcing contract from Alecta, a Swedish insurer. The contract calls for CGI to modernize Alecta’s IT environment, including its infrastructure services. The estimated value of the five-year agreement is SEK315m (USD35m) and carries an option to renew for another two years. The agreement also covers management, IT support, and a number of communications, security and logistics services. CGI said it will deliver new technology including a cloud-based self-service portal, and improved service-level agreement management. CGI has three offices in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information