Global IT and outsourcing firm Cognizant Technology Solutions ended the second quarter of this year with quarterly revenue rising to USD4.01 billion, a 9.2% rise from the same quarter last year. The latest figures released by the company showed that Cognizant has dropped a little from the 10% pace it achieved a year ago in three of the past five quarters, a decline from the consistent double-digit growth it had posted until the end of 2016. The slowed revenue growth came as the company continued to shift its focus towards more high-value added digital work. Francisco D’Souza, Chief Executive Officer and Vice Chairman of the Board of Cognizant, said the company remains confident in its ability to invest for growth and achieve its financial targets. For now, Cognizant expects to grow at-best 10% in the current year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information