With the country’s information technology – business process management (IT-BPM) sector expected to double to USD250bn by 2022, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has urged stakeholders in the sector to work with the government in drawing up a new game plan. Working with the government in pursuing a new game plan will enable the IT-BPM industry to sustain its positive trajectory, said DTI Secretary Ramon Lopez. The government, he said, can offer several tax incentive packages for IT-BPM-related activities. Lopez also cited the implementation of the Training for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP) of the government, which has benefited more than 230,000 graduates from 2010 to 2016. The IT-BPM Industry Roadmap 2017-2022 is scheduled to be released to the public in October.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information