Many employers in the Philippines are ready to employ K-12 graduates who do not have work experience as long as they have interpersonal and problem-solving skills and the right attitude. This was the finding of a report, Philippine Annual Fresh Graduate, released by Jobstreet.com. The online jobs portal said employers are primarily focusing on attitude and work ethic; interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of the field and industry, and academic performance. The report covers industries such as business process outsourcing (21%), manufacturing (16%), professional services (12%), and retail (12%). Employers have confidence that K-12 graduates will be employable for administrative (47%), customer service (44%), and sales and marketing (40%) positions. Philip Gioca, Country Manager for Jobstreet Philippines said the K-12 program is sufficiently preparing graduates to be valuable contributors to the future work force.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information