Azpired Inc general manager Almira Absin said finding new clients from the US has been difficult for the business process outsourcing (BPO) company. This started when President Rodrigo Duterte made verbal pronouncements of cutting ties with the US, Absin said. In a recent trip to the US, Absin, who founded the 10-year-old BPO company, said one of the potential investors asked why she should invest in the Philippines when the country’s president wanted to cut ties with the US. Absin added that Azpired lost a few clients because of Duterte’s comment. She, however, expressed confidence that exchanges of verbal support between US President Donald Trump and Duterte could improve the situation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information