Technology giant Google announced that it is opening the second edition of its Indie Games Accelerator program to game developers from the Philippines and other countries that were not part of its initial run. The company is accepting applications from game developers until May 19. Filipino game developers who will be accepted into the program will be brought to Google’s Asia-Pacific office in Singapore for two all-expenses-paid boot camps. They will also be given Google Pixel phones, Google Cloud Platform credits, and invitations to Google and industry events. The six-month program, which is a special edition of the Launchpad Accelerator, will focus on a comprehensive gaming curriculum to fuel creativity, while allowing participants to receive direct coaching from Google teams and gaming experts and to connect with industry veterans. Google launched the Indie Games Accelerator last year. Participants included over 20 mobile game start-ups from India, Pakistan, and Southeast Asia. Two Filipino developers, Mochibits and Monstronauts, were part of the first batch.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information