Leechiu Property Consultants CEO David Leechiu said the Philippine government should maintain the status quo on the business process outsourcing (BPO) to sustain a robust office space segment in the property market. While Leechiu understands the need to generate revenue for the government, he said it must be balanced with the needs of the business. Leechiu was reacting to the government plans to review the BPO tax benefits under package 2 of the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion Act (TRAIN). Package 1 of TRAIN which exempts those earning an annual taxable income of P250,000 and below from paying personal income tax, and imposes excise taxes on fuel and automobiles as well as the sugar-sweetened beverage tax, among others.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information