An outsourcing group is now trying to secure funds for the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry’s skills upgrading program. Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) president Rey Untal, said it will cost PHP40 billion or PHP8 billion per year for the five-year program. Untal said IBPAP is now in talks with the government and private sector for the annual subsidy. He said the government plays a significant role in implementing the program. Singapore subsidized 100% of the costs incurred in the country’s upskilling program, while India shouldered 50%. He added that if the government opted not to take part in the program IBPAP would look elsewhere for funding. The IBPAP board members will convene the outsourcing industry stakeholders today to tackle the framework for the National Skills Upgrading Program.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information