The Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for ICT (BNEFIT) has proposed to Negros Occidental Governor Alfredo Maranon Jr a possible major talent development partnership to address the talent supply gap in the province. BNEFIT executive director Jocelle Batapa-Sigue said the proposal, which was based on the request of the government, seeks a more industry-led intervention to ensure the talent supply requirement in the ICT-BPO sector in the province is addressed. The talent gap, according to Batapa-Sigue, can be attributed to the implementation of the K to 12 program that resulted to the absence of high school graduates for two years. The association has expressed interest in partnering with the local government to offer teacher-training for more schools in the province, Batapa-Sigue said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information