Iloilo City has made it back into this year’s list of top 100 business process outsourcing (BPO) destinations in the world and secured the 92th spot in Tholons’ 2018 Services Globalization index. The city government launched its successful “ILOVATION” campaign during the past year in a bid to position the city as the ‘next Silicon Valley’ and among the most competitive information technology hubs in Asia. Iloilo lost its Tholon’s global standing for outsourcing in 2017 owing to its “lack of innovation” in the local BPO sector. The city had ranked 90th in 2016. It occupied the 91st spot in 2015, 95th in 2014, and 93rd in 2013. There are five other major Philippine cities in the Top 100: Metro Manila at No. 2, Cebu City at No. 11, Davao City at No. 75, Sta. Rosa, Laguna at No. 87, and Bacolod at No. 89.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information