The country’s information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) sector is on track to meet its targets for this year of USD25bn in revenue and 1.3 million jobs. This was the pronouncement of Benedict Hernandez, the chairman of the executive committee of the IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP). Hernandez said the goals, which were stated on the IT-BPM Roadmap 2012-2016, will be achieved by the end of this year as the industry successfully diversifies and broadens the types of services and capabilities. Hernandez said iBPAP is now crafting the 2017-2022 IT-BPM Roadmap, which is will be launched on 27 October during the annual IT-BPM conference.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information