The country’s growth rate could hit as high as 8% in five years, according to Dr. Bernardo Villegas, research director at the University of Asia and the Pacific. The current growth rate is at least 6%. The expected 8% growth rate will be mainly driven by the USD30bn annual remittances of 10 million overseas Filipino workers and the USD25bn revenue generated by the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, Villegas said. Except for extraordinary circumstances, such as a nuclear conflict between North Korea and the US, Villegas said the high growth rate will prevail.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information