Business process outsourcing (BPO) companies planning to locate in Catbalogan, Samar, will soon have a new option when the P472-million development being built by Metro Retail Stores Group is completed. The retail company is constructing and then operating the commercial complex in Catbalogan under a joint venture agreement with the Samar provincial government. The project includes a department store, supermarket, cinema complex, retail and commercial leasable space, a convention center, government center, transport terminal, hotel, and a BPO center. In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, Metro said the construction of the department store and supermarket is expected to be completed within 18 to 24 months. The convention center is expected to be done within eight months. Under the JV agreement, Metro Retail will turn over the property to the province of Samar after 30 years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information