Workers of business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in Cebu will soon find it easier to commute to work with the opening of a new bus route in the city. Vallacar Transit, operator of Ceres buses, and Cebu Holdings Inc have agreed to deploy buses to the Cebu Business Park (CBP) and the Cebu IT Park (CITP) to address the transportation needs of call center workers. The buses ply the Cebu South Bus Terminal-CBP-CITP-CBP-Cebu North Bus Terminal route and vice versa. The buses will have a 15 to 30-interval and will collect P25 for the first five kilometers and additional P1.60 per succeeding kilometer, according to Dale mark Carangan, administrative manager of Vallacar Transit. The long term plan is to extend the route to Carcar City in the south and Danao City in the north.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information