A study conducted by New York-based human resources consulting firm Mercer identified the Philippines’ shared services and outsourcing industry as having the most positive hiring outlook in 2019. The report titled ‘Compensation Planning for 2019’, said 70% of companies in these sectors are looking to expand while 24% are looking to maintain their current headcount. However, Mercer said that as outsourcing companies in the country continue to hire, talent retention will be a challenge. On average, employees across all industries only stay with their current employers for five years. The report also noted that employees cite a lack of career path and opportunity to grow, low pay competitiveness, and unpleasant relationships with supervisors as their top reasons for leaving jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information