The robust services sector, which includes the country’s business process outsourcing industry, will continue to buoy the Philippine economy. According to the World Bank, the Philippine economy would grow 6.2% this year, making it one of the fastest growing economies in East Asia and the Pacific. The report says that the services sector, including the BPO industry, will remain a key growth driver, projected to grow at 7% in 2016, and 6.8% in 2017-2018. The World Bank report, entitled ‘Outperforming the Region and Managing the Transition’, said the Philippine economy may surpass the forecasts if authorities can further ramp up spending on public infrastructure as planned.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information