The business process outsourcing (BPO) sectors of the Philippines and India stand to be greatly disadvantaged if the United States tightens its labor outsourcing rules. In its report, credit agency Moody’s Investors Service said the new policies of US President Donald Trump could pose downside risks to the US’ major trade and investment partners. India and the Philippines, Moody’s added, will be the most vulnerable if the US tightens rules on service outsourcing. Moody’s issued the report “Asia Credit – 2017 Outlook Challenging Global Environment to Test Asia’s Robust Credit Fundamentals” on 8 February.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information