The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) has recently opened the country’s biggest data center in Makati as part of its digital pivot initiatives. The data center, VITRO Data Center, which sits on a nearly two-hectare property, seeks to serves the needs of business process outsourcing (BPO) firms, among others. Vitro Makati is a Nexcenter-certified facility, allowing its clients to use globally standardized Nexcenter services of NTT Com at 140 locations in 84 cities of 19 countries. The PLDT Group now operates seven data centers all over the country with a total capacity of nearly 7,000 racks. Data centers in the Philippines are largely used by the country’s BPO industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information