Negros Occidental’s status as one of the country’s top destinations for knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) could be further boosted with the launch of a software academy. The Negros Occidental Language and Information Technology Center Software Academy will offer software engineering courses starting October this year, catering to an initial 50 students. The academy is expected to produce its first graduates after 10 months. The academy is a joint project of the Negros Occidental Provincial Government, Job and Esther Technologies Inc, and Gurango Software Corp. Bacolod City in Negros Occidental is among the key cities in the country capable of shifting to KPO, according to an earlier report by Colliers International.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information