South Africa has emerged as a global destination of choice for business process services (BPS), challenging the current leaders, India and the Philippines. The BPS sector was among the top priorities mentioned by a sitting South African president in a State of the Union Address, according to Accenture Africa’s managing director, Kabelo Makwane. According to reports, South Africa’s BPS industry stakeholders have made significant efforts to develop and promote hubs of competency to further promote the country as an outsourcing destination of choice. Currently, global companies favor India and the Philippines because of those country’s pools of English-proficient workers. Makwane said South Africa could also become a BPS destination because of its well-educated and English-proficient workforce and highly cost-efficient labor, among other factors.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information