Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) announced that it has laid off some of its employees at Cedar Rapids in the midwestern US state of Iowa. The IT service and consulting company said it is shifting towards a digital operating model and that some jobs within the firm are no longer needed. It added that the move affects less than 40 of the over 800 workers in Cedar Rapids. TCS last year partnered with Transamerica’s Life and Annuities business. Cedar Rapids is the second-largest city in Iowa, with a population of over 120,000, and is the headquarters for Transamerica.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information