From the relative ranking of its employees, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has announced plans to introduce a new system to appraise its more than 370,000 employees. Some employees will be assessed after a project is completed instead of every half year. TCS also said that IT and BPO employees will be appraised separately. A TCS executive, however, said nothing firm has been decided. The executive said the system for BPO employees would be more based on social media, like the internal Knome platform that the company currently uses. TCS’s new appraisal model is expected to be keenly watched by other IT services companies and large firms across the world.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information