The number of companies and buyout funds seeking to acquire outsourcing major Intelenet continues to grow as Paris-based Teleperformance and US IT services company Convergys join the bid. According to reports, the two outsourcing giants want to acquire Intelenet, a Mumbai-headquartered outsourcing firm backed by Blackstone Group, for about US$1 billion. Other suitors are Baring Private Equity (Asia), CVC Capital Partners and Bain Capital. Blackstone, the world’s largest private equity fund first bought an 80% stake in Intelenet for US$260 million in 2007 in a management buyout deal. Blackstone then sold a 66% stake in Intelenet to the UK’s Serco Group in 2011. Blackstone later bought back Intelenet in 2013 from Serco for US$385 million. Intelenet employs 55,000 workers in the Americas, the UK, Europe, the Middle East, India and the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information