The operations of the third telecommunications player will kick off by the middle of this year, according to acting Information and Communications Technology Secretary Eliseo Rio Jr. President Rodrigo Duterte, has also said that he does not want the judiciary to interfere in government’s project implementation during the Usman situation briefing in Pili, Camarines Sur. The selection of Mislatel, a consortium of a Filipino tycoon and state-controlled China Telecom, was declared as the country’s third telco provider, and the procedure is currently subject to litigation. Meanwhile, Mislatel is currently undergoing its post-qualification assessment phase, and once completed, it will be given a set of valuable radio frequencies that will allow the firm to launch mobile services to compete with the duopoly of PLDT and Globe Telecom. The firm is committed to increase the country’s basic internet speed to 55 Megabits per second.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information