US President-elect Donald Trump said his government will not make it easy for companies to leave and source workers in Mexico, India and other countries. Speaking in a factory of air-conditioning contractor Carrier in Indiana, Trump said companies will not be able to leave the US anymore without consequences. He said companies thinking about leaving the country will receive a lot of phone calls. While Trump said companies may be able to negotiate deals in different US states, outsourcing abroad will be “very, very difficult”. Among the consequences will be heavy taxes across the border while those who choose to stay will benefit from a reduced corporate tax rate.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information