In a move that could appease the anxiety of the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, US Ambassador to the Philippines Sung Kim said he does not see US engagement slowing down or halting in the country soon. He also downplayed reports that US BPO companies are holding off expansion in the Philippines saying US companies’ perception of the Philippines as an attractive positive advantage would not change. About 70% of revenues from BPO operations in the Philippines originate from American companies. Industry key players, however, are worried that the anti-outsourcing policies of US President Donald Trump could affect the country’s booming BPO industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information