The first US presidential debate has reassured key players in the IT outsourcing industry in the Philippines as both candidates – Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump – did not mention anything specific about the outsourcing industry. Analysts, however, said a Trump victory would cast a shadow on the fortunes of IT companies, especially those situated in the Philippines. Trump’s immigration and outsourcing policies have long been seen as serious threat to the industry. Japanese financial holding firm Nomura said its analysis indicates that the Philippines and South Korea would be among Asia’s most vulnerable in terms of both economic and geopolitical effects of a Trump win, while Thailand and India are among the least exposed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information