In a demonstration that Cebu still has a significant talent pool, at least 4,100 applicants participated in the recent job fair sponsored by Cebu-based jobs portal Mynimo.com. The event also attracted 108 companies offering more than 11,000 jobs for local and overseas employment. On its website, Mynimo features more than 800 jobs, the bulk of which are from business process outsourcing companies that are expanding in Cebu. Wesley Chiongbian, founder and CEO of Mynimo, said the job fair, the company’s fifth, posted a 9% increase in terms of applicants compared to last year’s attendees at the event. The Happy Jobs Fair is part of the company’s efforts to boost employment opportunities for Cebuanos. Started In 2013, the fair is a one-day career event that brings together aspiring applicants with different employers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information