Global outsourcing firm Accenture is encouraging female students in the Philippines to be exposed to technology, specifically to code. Having female students interested in technology will establish a balanced pool of highly skilled information technology talent for the IT-business process management industry. Code is the language that powers technology, said Ambe Tierro, Accenture Delivery Centers for Technology Lead in the Philippines. For the second year, Accenture in the Philippines has enjoined more young girls to raise more awareness and interest in technology. Internationally, Accenture had 196 cities participate in 56 countries for the Code.org’s event and completed more than 12,000 hours of coding.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information