Asian Development Bank (ADB) President Takehiko Nakao expressed confidence that US President-elect Donald Trump’s America-first policy will not affect the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines. Nakao said US companies might need to resort to such services as BPO from the Philippines if they want to do more manufacturing business at home to stay competitive. He also stressed that he is not worried about the prospects for the BPO industry in the Philippines as the industry continues to grow at a fast rate. Nakao also said the country’s economic growth is becoming more solid, providing an ideal home to the ADB. The ADB head expects the Philippine’s growth to be 6.8% in 2016 and 6.4% this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information