Outsourcing and consultancy giant Accenture said it has been named the top company on the Thomson Reuters Diversity & Inclusion Index, which recognizes the 100 most diverse and inclusive companies in the world based on Thomson Reuters ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) data. The Index, established in 2016, is one of the most comprehensive measures of workplace inclusion and diversity practices. To compile the Index, Thomson Reuters assessed publicly available data of more than 7,000 publicly traded companies worldwide. The companies were measured on 24 separate metrics across four key categories: Diversity, Inclusion, People Development, and News Controversies. The Index was then calculated by weighing each metric based on importance in the market and how each company compares with its peers. Commenting on the recognition, Accenture chairman and CEO Pierre Nanterme said the company embraces its rich diversity as a “culture of culture”. About 41% of its workforce is composed of women.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information