Accenture has rolled out a circular supply chain capability that capitalizes on digital identity, payments, and blockchain in an effort to directly reward sustainable practices of small-scale growers and suppliers. Accenture is working closely with Mastercard, Amazon Web Services, Everledger, and Mercy Corps in a bid to find solutions that empower consumers, enable transparency, and promote financial inclusion for small-scale producers. As two-thirds of consumers expressed a preference for sustainable brands, the ability to promote ethical and environmentally mindful practices across the supply chain is becoming more significant. The circular supply chain capability is meant to address the demand by combining blockchain, digital identity, and payments technologies to allow customers to identify individual producers who use sustainable methods. In addition, it also seeks to financially reward them with a “tip” made by direct payment.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information