In response to President Donald Trump’s protectionist policies, global IT outsourcing giant Accenture announced it would create 15,000 jobs in the US. The Dublin, Ireland headquartered firm said it would invest USD1.4bn to train its employees and would open 10 innovation centers in some cities in the US. Accenture currently has over 394,000 employees, with a large chunk situated in India. The 15,000 jobs that Accenture will create will raise the company’s total US workforce by 30% to more than 65,000 by the end of 2020. IT services and outsourcing firms are under the spotlight after Trump said his administration will focus on creating more jobs for US workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information