A report published by IT news site Computing said the USD2.3bn deal to outsource US engineering giant Aecom’s IT to IBM will not last for more than a few years. The Computing report quoted two inside sources as saying that the outsourcing deal was not the idea of Aecom CIO Tom Peck, who did not want the outsourcing deal. The sources also claim that the deal was made primarily as a cost-saving exercise. Aecom’s IT department had become overstaffed, with the company carrying a lot of legacy IT baggage.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information