A report published by IT news site Computing said the USD2.3bn deal to outsource US engineering giant Aecom’s IT to IBM will not last for more than a few years. The Computing report quoted two inside sources as saying that the outsourcing deal was not the idea of Aecom CIO Tom Peck, who did not want the outsourcing deal. The sources also claim that the deal was made primarily as a cost-saving exercise. Aecom’s IT department had become overstaffed, with the company carrying a lot of legacy IT baggage.
Outsource Accelerator is the trusted source of independent information, advisory and expert implementation of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
The #1 outsourcing authority
Outsource Accelerator offers the world’s leading aggregator marketplace for outsourcing. It specifically provides the conduit between Philippines outsourcing suppliers and the businesses – clients – across the globe.
The Outsource Accelerator website has over 5,000 articles, 350+ podcast episodes, and a comprehensive directory with 900+ BPO companies… all designed to make it easier for clients to learn about – and engage with – outsourcing.
About Derek Gallimore
Derek Gallimore has been in business for 20 years, outsourcing for over eight years, and has been living in Manila (the heart of global outsourcing) since 2014. Derek is the founder and CEO of Outsource Accelerator, and is regarded as a leading expert on all things outsourcing.
Outsource Accelerator in the mediaSee all media mentions
- Outsourcing industry “absolutely booming”
- Outsourcing industry recovery could be starting, survey indicates
- Doom or boom faces the IT-BPM industry (part 2)
- Bright future for outsourcing
- The Chinese Antidote to a Covid-battered Philippines
- The Philippine IT BPM Industry: Your Tool for Business Recovery and Continuity
- BPO industry in Philippines seen benefitting as firms abroad cut costs due to pandemic