While artificial intelligence (AI) can displace many business process outsourcing workers, it can also lead to a tripling of revenues in the industry, Filipino tech pioneer Dado Banatao said at a press conference. He said there is a potential for increasing BPO revenues up to $120 billion in a two to three-year period. He said that although the displacement of jobs cannot be prevented, new kinds of jobs will be available, particularly those that make artificial intelligence possible such as data science. He emphasized that people must be retrained to make them employable for the new jobs that will be available with AI. He also said that the country’s AI capabilities can rival that of the world.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information