American business process outsourcing firm Alorica is creating a new global organization that will be staffed with 91,000 employees of which 26,300 will be Filipinos. The plan was revealed after the California-based Alorica said it will acquire Expert Global Solutions through a stock purchase agreement. The new Alorica in the Philippines will be manned by 26,000 employees that will be based in 17 contact centers. The new group that will be formed after the acquisition will have combined revenues of USD2.3bn, Alorica said. Alorica founder Andy Lee will be the chairman and chief executive of the new organization which is based in Irvine, California, while Bong Borja, former chairman of the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines, will lead the Philippine operations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information