Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co (PLDT), the largest telecom company in the country, is considering the sale of its remaining 20% stake in outsourcing firm SPi Global if it can get a good valuation. PLDT executive vice president Eric Alberto said the company is looking at options on what to do with its shareholding. In 2013 PLDT sold 80% of SPi Global to CVC for USD300m. SPi is a business process outsourcing firm that serves primarily US and Europe-based customers. Headquartered in the Philippines, it has more than 20,000 employees worldwide across 17 locations including the Philippines, India, US, China, Vietnam and Nicaragua.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information