American e-commerce giant Amazon Inc has hired 300 people for its customer service office in Cebu, its first facility in the Philippines. The site, which will be expanded to house 1,000 more workers, will provide support to Amazon customers in North America and the United Kingdom. In a statement, the internet giant said the Cebu customer service office currently employs service associates, team managers and group managers. The launch of Amazon’s first center in the Philippines comes as the industry stakeholders are increasing their efforts to shift more than one million business process outsourcing workers to higher skilled roles. Amazon vice president for worldwide customer service Tom Weiland affirmed that Filipinos bring high levels of experience and passion to their work.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information