John Forbes, senior adviser at the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines said that AmCham is hopeful that progress on a free trade agreement (FTA) between the two countries will make headway this year. The Department of Trade and Industry also said that initial talks to determine the scope of the FTA are expected to be advanced. Last year, Washington and Manila announced that they had put an end to recurring problematic issues such as customs valuations, intellectual property rights, market access for Philippine agricultural products into the US, and meeting international standards for automotive safety and food hygiene in their Trade and Investment Framework Agreement.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information